Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

4.11.06

small biz on slate

bizbox

american express is sponsoring a blog on slate.com for the next few months where a few small business owners have been invited to blog about their experiences running their own company (it's a joint venture produced by newsweek and the washington post). i was one of the business owners they invited, so for the next few weeks i'll be blogging in the "biz box" section about what it's like to be a young woman running her own business (often by the seat of my pants). it's a welcome change for me to get to talk about something other than design so if you're thinking of starting your own business (or just want to read some good small biz gossip) click here to read the site. i'll be updating it on monday with a post on how being a young woman in business has been an interesting challenge. also, feel free to laugh at my cartoon rendering. i don't think it looks anything like me but at least they didn't make me look like a troll.

[in case you're wondering: i'm not being paid for posting, i don't receive any sweet american express discounts (or a card) and i'm not being asked or paid to promote them in any way]

[ps: congrats to imelda for being a finalist in the inhabit pillow contest!]

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked to see what your cartoon looked like, not realizing that it was the same one at the top of this post. I don't know you in person, but I agree the cartoon looks absolutely nothing like your pictures (although you are right in saying at least they didn't make it ugly!)

1:53 PM  
Blogger mod*mom said...

that's generous of you to volunteer our experience + time. i'll be reading :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Spray Glue said...

What a great opportunity!...pity you look serious in your render..hee hee. No serious, really stoked for you. I will definately be reading it.

Gary*

2:15 PM  
Blogger Another Shade of Grey said...

Congratulations to you and Imelda. I love her designs. Not to toot my own horn, but I am a finalist too. Julie McMillon, from Arkansas.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, "En hora buena" it means "In good time" I am also a young bussiness woman & I can say it's a challenge, but a pleasure as well. I'll be reading it for sure.

7:25 PM  
Blogger IMEDAGOZE said...

that'd be a great learning point for all of us (business owners), Grace. I won't miss your posts there. And thank you for the mention, Grace. I appreciate it.

Julie, I love your designs, too. Congratulations. :)

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace!

As someone in a very similar situation, I'm excited and anxious to read your slate blog.

Keep up the great work and don't let those old school ad sales guys get you down.

BussBuss,
kelly

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to read more! thanks for sharing! it's really great to read about other women's insights and experiences in starting and running a business! :)

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Grace! I am very interested in what you and the other small biz bloggers have to say, so thanks for letting us know. I've always thought that it's so odd that there aren't more sites geared towards starting a business when it seems to be a subject that interests so many.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats grace! looking forward to reading your column over there in the weeks to come! - joy

9:50 AM  
Blogger holly said...

oh hooray, grace! i know you'll do great things for all those out there with (or with dreams of starting) a small business. i hope this does great things for you and for design*sponge!

11:33 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

thanks guys

i'll have a new post up today on being a girl in business. i'm hoping to address some of the issues i've faced in running this little site of mine :)

grace

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you look like in person, but being drawn by Charlie Powell? That's big time! Lucky girl.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.