Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

11.7.07

sneak peek: turn this doll into a room

i'm indulging in a sneak peek fest today. this just came into my inbox and i couldn't resist. d*s reader courtney russell was inspired by laura normandin's doll donation to the james kim family auction so much that she decided to turn the doll into a room design (ala domino's infamous column). you can see full sized photos right here but i couldn't resist sharing a few key shots (the final results are here)- it's such a fun idea and the result is absolutely stunning. i can't think of a little girl that wouldn't want to have that room as her own. thanks, courtney!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger .::still blinking::. said...

I love this idea. So clever.

11:54 AM  
Blogger casey said...

I love decorating kids rooms... I already have 3 different design ideas for my own... but I don't have kids yet. :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Calie Durant said...

Love, Love, Love this!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

oh, my. i love this room!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your blog and like the doll inspired room!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Sugar Plum Invitations said...

What a great idea for kids. I love the detials and the simple fabric patterns! Thanks for sharing.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this made me wish i had kids!!! :) I LOVE this room!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad that you acknowledged Courtney's talent. I've been wathcing her process, progress more a couple of months and the result is stunning.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sweet! love the border along the bottom of the curtains.

11:46 PM  
Blogger simplyolive said...

this room is precious!
i especially like the clothesline.

6:32 PM  
Blogger erika said...

It a greatlight room I love the liberty fabric she used in diffrent objects in the room.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ana Buigues DurĂ¡ said...

Hunging things on the wall, leaving them on a cofee table, in a special corner for decor ... I do it all the time. Then evil dust comes and I put everything back into the drawers.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.