Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

3.11.04

i hate today. a lot.


i couldn't be more depressed if i tried.

today just sucks. big time. and you know what's the worst thing? i thought i knew this country and the people who lived in it. apparently i don't. apparently i'm in the minority that thinks reason, facts, intelligence, rationality and the separation of church and state are important. it frightens me that people could vote based on faith and faith alone. i just don't understand how anyone can post about design today. i'm sorry. i can't. it just makes me want to puke.

clearly this is a partisan rant, but well, this is my blog and i'll rant if i want to. so, thank you to those who voted (either way...although bigger thanks to the kerry fans...even though i don't love kerry to death) and to those of you who didn't: get your act together. THIS is why we our country no longer stands for what it once did, and that's the saddest thing of all. i would put up a list of links, but i can't even bear to read any more commentary. so, i apologize for the no design posts today but it's a sad, sad day in design*sponge world. sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger design*sponge said...

i know what you mean. but this morning i decided i was going to live in a fantasy world- one in which there WAS NO election on tuesday and one in which bush's term was always 8 years. it somehow makes living a bit easier. despite the fact that i'm currently ashamed of my fellow citizens (who voted for the jerk face).

life goes on though, right? i sure hope so...

d*s

10:18 AM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

As my friends well know, I could go on for HOURS about the god-club and my distain for what driving around with a little fishie on one's SUV represents.
On Tuesday as I was leaving my polling place...an elementary school...I saw a sign obviously made by student that said "join the bible club". It jumped out at me like some kind of omen about the disturbing outcome of the election.
I feel your pain.

1:33 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

check this out. this is my WORST nightmare. and not just because i experienced the loonies at "young life" in high school....

eesh, usa? jesustown?

http://idisk.mac.com/glwebb-public/new_map.jpg

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.