Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

16.3.05

auto-matic design

yoyo

auto is a fantastic design store in new york's meatpacking district. i've been pouring over their gorgeous little people section lately, but they have a great collection for big people as well. auto's collection of textiles is simply beautiful. from missoni pillows to beautiful designs by judy ross whose work mixes traditional parisian hand embroidery techniques with modern design. not to be missed: the new plank tote bag that makes carrying gym goods a bit more fashionable. click here for more info on auto.

plank designs

missoni pillow

emily hass pillow

judy ross

judy ross 4

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mamainwaiting said...

my sister turned me on to your site - I work as a set decorator in film and tv commercials so i'm always shopping for cool things. Your site is great - I love Auto and shop there often. I assume you know about Modernseed.com - a great website for baby stuff. I'll keep you posted on cool places i find on my travels. I'm adopting a baby so have been looking at a lot of kids websites. Nest in bklyn has gotten a lot of nice baby stuff as well. I'll email you the names of some other websites we've found - Oeuf is a a nice company that has designed some hip baby furniture.

10:34 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

thanks, MIW

i love modernseed. i'm writing a piece on kids design for a local ny mag and they've been my constant inspiration.

ive got to go to nest. i house-sat up there for a whole summer and never went. i was on 7th and 10th, like 4 blocks away!

i tend to be a north sloper now and am pretty loyal to loom- but i'll be sure to check out nest soon.

have you been to matter, cog and pearl and scaredy kat on 5th? too cute.

best of luck with your new one!

d*s

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.