Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

27.1.06

emma jeffs

4_web-ott-pink

i've written about emma jeffs' work before in the context of 2jane's adhesive lace film for windows. i was browsing their new additions and decided to investigate her work a bit more closely. the lace patterns intrigued me (being someone that has windows that face many, many other peoples' windows) because they provided a sense of privacy without totally frosting out a window, and they gave it a nice bit of pattern. but i wasn't loving the lacey pattern as much. but then i checked out jeffs' website and found she makes two other designs that i enjoyed much much more.

5_new-otto-large

specializing in "surface material design", jeffs designs her adhesive films in three patterns: lace, otto and pixel. lace is nice, but otto and pixel caught my eye. otto, inspired by chiselled wooden screens found within islamic countries, tries to, "capture the hand made quality of these decorative designs within this translucent material for the modern home". available in taupe grey, crisp white and bright pink (better for kids' rooms i think), otto is a wonderful way to discreetly cover a window that needs a bit of cover...

4_pixel-turqlarge

pixel is my favorite design of jeffs' because it reminds me of the windows in my elementary school girls' bathroom. i know, doesn't sound appealing, but i LOVED our bathrooms in elementary school- they were a beautiful peachy pink and the windows (because they faced the playground) were faceted in tiny octagons with a nice frosty finish. i know, design geek from the get go. pixel is available in taupe grey, crisp white and turquoise. each film costs around $84 and a few patterns are on sale for half that. you can browse emma's entire collection right here. enjoy! [thanks to d*s reader, eleanor for reminding me to check 2jane again!]

_white-lace-large

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tsoniki said...

Wow, those are very cool! And just what I need - both for bathroom and windows facing neighbors. Too bad they don't ship to the US. I'm going to have to find something like it now.

:)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Tsoniki said...

Nevermind - I clicked on the 2Jane link, I hope I can find something I can use! :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

looks nice, but very expensive... i sugest finding some of that kitchen shelving plastic film stuff (don't really know what it's called? drawer liner?) and adapting it use on your window instead.

10:44 AM  
Blogger stuffed said...

I just bought a bunch of window cling from Dick Blick and was scanning the net for cut out ideas. Thanks for the inspiration! BTW my elementary bathroom also had the coolest windows.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was fully going to buy some - but 98 dollars a ROLL? I was honestly shocked. I get that there was design involved, but in the end, it really is just contact paper.

Sigh, oh well.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird, annoymous comments don't show up? I guess I'll post a name from now on. The above was from me.

I was fully going to buy some - but 98 dollars a ROLL? I was honestly shocked. I get that there was design involved, but in the end, it really is just contact paper.

Sigh, oh well.

4:51 PM  
Blogger + lili confetti + said...

great designs + available in the uk ! but unfortunately a little bit expensive :(

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.