Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

7.2.06

clio home *

Large_272

on the rare occasion that i go into manhattan to shop, clio home is a must-visit. this gem of a store is tucked into a small, but warm, space on thompson street in soho and is packed full of beautiful objects for the table. one of my favorite things about clio is how well-edited their collection is and the fact that the products represent a wide range of prices- there's really something for everyone's budget here. one of my favorite pieces there is this cute handmade plate and tumbler set ($29 and $22) with simple line drawings- in my world it's the ideal milk and cookies plate. although they'd have to be skinny cookies to fit in the glass. perhaps pirouettes...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, hooray for clio home. even though i live in los angeles they were more than happy to let me open a wedding registry with them. beautiful stuff.

6:47 PM  
Blogger sleep said...

They've sold out of those plates months ago and still haven't taken them off their site (they also told me that the designer has stopped making them). I tried to buy them, goodness, back in October? Already sold out. Every time I check back and see them still listed it just serves to further annoy me.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a frustrating experience with regards to the milk and cookie plates.

First, let me tell you what the status is, and clear up any confusion. The designer is no longer making these plates, and I am as dissapointed as you are about this. We do, however, still have some of the cups - and that is why this line is still represented on our website. I hadn't realized that the plates were still listed as available. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention, and will make sure to correct this on our site.

In case you are interested, the designer has a number of other beautiful, hand-painted plates and bowls. I would be happy to send you images if you would like.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Daniel (of Clio Home)

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clio is one of my favorite stores. i discovered is two years ago, while wandering streets of soho with my mom, a mere 24 hrs after i ended my 9 year relationship.. i picked out a beautiful ivory dish for my cousin. not sure why i remember all that, but the amazing aesthetic collection of the store made it one of my favorites.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.