Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

9.3.06

clean design 2006

001

i love happy stories. i just wanted to post this because a d*s reader won the clean design 2006 contest!

"Hi, my name is Liane and I check your blog almost every day and I just would like to let you know that I saw your post about the printing responsibly clean design contest and I showed it to my boyfriend, who is a graphic design major, and thanks to your post and me telling about it, he was a top ten finalist and just found out he was one of the top 3 winners!....he is still in undergraduate school as a graphic design student at old dominion university, where we both are art students, and he is so excited. so I just wanted to say thank you and ask that you post any similar contests because i will always relay the message. I love your blog and thanks! -Liane"
update: liane emailed to tell me that her boyfriend won, congrats to carl medley (hooray for VA)! way to go, carl! you can view carl's entry and other contestants right here.

5 Comments:

Blogger themarkpike said...

It's a small world. I went to high school with Carl! Congrats, dude!!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

i went to high school next to both of you, at FC.

;)

d*s

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super cool. congrats carl!

4:34 PM  
Blogger cm3 said...

well i guess i need to thank you. this is carl medley. to be honest, i never checked your blog until i was told about the contest by Liane. I figured I needed pieces for my portfolio and I could say that i entered these pieces into a contest. i never thought i would win. if it wasn't for you, Liane would have never known about the contest. thank you. hopefully i will be able to help you in the near future.
p.s.-isn't that crazy that the person who won it is from VB?

5:01 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

i'm so glad it was a local boy ;)

and so local- right next to my highschool!

congrats, carl :)

d*s

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.