Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

5.3.06

a new start...

asterisks_shows

today marks my official first day as a full time sponger! well, mostly full time. i left my old position and i'll be freelancing, but mostly devoting my daytime hours to d*s- and i couldn't be happier! so if you have any local stores (brooklyn and manhattan) that you think might be fun to review, send em over- i've got some more free time and would love to start pounding the pavement for d*s in a bigger way.

also, i've gotten a bunch of emails asking if i'd consider giving "tours" of icff and brooklyn designs in may, and i think it'd be a blast! so, if you're interested, i'm starting a list now just to see who (if anyone!) might wanna come: you know, coffee, design talk and then an insider's guide to two of the city's greatest design shows. so, drop a line here if you'd like to take part. until then, i'll be here, posting the best and brightest that the design world has to offer...xo, d*s

[psst: don't forget to take a look at this week's mini trends: cork!]

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, love your site. I really love this place on Broadway called Pearl River Mart. It is really cool store, with lots of cool Chinese stuff. The address is 477 Broadway!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That certainly sounds awesome. I wish I could go to ICFF. I've always wanted to go. I recently went to the accent show in February.

I don't know that much about NYC really, but my favorite store I have been too so far is mxyplyzyk. I also liked flight001, conrans, and of course Moss.

:)

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thats great! A full time "sponger"! I cant wait to see all the great things you will find now when you can focus even more on this lovely website.

2:51 AM  
Blogger trendoffice said...

I wish you good luck! I have been doing free lancing for 2 years and I like it, although it is not easy, but the freedom is worth it.

2:54 AM  
Blogger nadejda said...

Good LucK!!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Giuliano said...

Congrats!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats grace on your new full-time sponge status!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Grace!
There's nothing in the whole world better than doing what you love and getting paid for it :)

"Sensible people get paid for playing - that is the art of life."
- Alan Watts

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And thanks for getting the kinks worked out for us Windows Firefox users! The site looks great!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so happy for you grace!!! :) !
mav

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious about the flickr photos on the left. How do we find out what they are?

11:39 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

if you click on the photos they take you to the picture in full with a description of each photo and who took it. they're mean to serve as inspirational photos :)

d*s

11:42 AM  
Blogger D Bob said...

congrats! I'm really excited for you and impressed with everything you've done. It's great to have seen your progress from the sidelines.

12:12 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

thanks, guys :)

d*s

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I have to pop in and say that I love your site... although I rarely have anything more productive to say than "ACK - I LOVE IT AND I MUST HAVE IT."

Best wishes,

andrea

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an impressive woman - I am amazed at what you have been able to accomplish at such a young age. I am sending you all my good wishes from Marrakech (where I roost)in support of your new found full-time sponge status. Someone once said "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."

So true.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.