Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

8.5.06

judith van den boom

cups

new work from dutch designer, judith van den boom. always a bit subversive and ever thought provoking, judith released a line of rather disturbing hare vessels and these lovely 'my parade' vases that remind me of teeth or perhaps a cow's udder. the hare vases were a little too disturbing for me, but these limited edition vases have unique "tales" drawn on them by van den boom herself. click here for more info. judith is definitely one designer to keep up with- she's got a great eye and a distinct creative voice that we'll be sure to hear from in the future.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love her work! (disturbing bunnies notwithstanding) is it available in/to the US?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I see what you are saying about the hare vases - the ones that look like bunny heads with the eyes plucked out. I'm espcially sensitive to that since I grew up with 3 pet rabbits.
Even though I wouldn't own it myself I give her props for making pieces that elicit a reaction!

9:41 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

i know some of her work was at the future perfect, but these pieces are new, so i'm not sure. but i would contact judith via the blog i linked to for a list of us retailers, if there are any. but i bet she'd be happy to sell you an individual piece if you'd like one.

:) d*s

9:41 AM  
Blogger judithvandenboom said...

HI Thanks for commenting and putting these pieces on designsponge. its nice to read reactions! the cups and plates are unique pieces with chinese/dutch and personal stories.

The harevases are little more rebelious and come from my expierince living in china, even thought im a vegatarian i do see beauty in these things. but thanks for all comments. great to view reactions.

all the best,

Judith van den Boom

( only my dutch disturbance collection was at Future perfect in NY, but new work not yet)

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.