Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

18.7.06

fornasetti

fornasetti_paint_480

i love designer piero fornasetti's classic series of dinnerware inspired by his muse, lina cavalieri (a woman whose face he saw in 19th century french magazine). fornasetti originally designed 4 plates with her image and the collection now contains 350 variations on the theme. some of my favorite variations are these three at moss online. they're a little pricey, but i think they work best as accent pieces or decoration rather than everyday dinnerware. you can pick up these three (and even more variations) online at moss for $130 each. enjoy!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so jealous when I saw a million of these mounted on a wall in Grace/Leo's Brooklyn apartment on Will & Grace. Then I remembered that this was a set and not actually somebody's home (but was still a little jealous anyway!) I've loved these plates forever, they are so gorgeous I don't know how I would ever choose a few if I could afford to.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can often find these on eBay for less. Rosenthal's license to reproduce them expired recently, so it's harder to get a decent price, but still possible.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Luigi collects Fornasetti plates - check out this display!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23397260@N00/147140612/

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from Australia and would love to buy some. They are haunting and beautiful. I too would wonder which ones to buy.
Jacqueline, Sydney

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.