Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

20.9.06

lit: literature in transit

bag1

designer kristina drury contacted me this week about a fun series of bag/wallets she's created. kristina is a grad student at pratt and launched her lit collection (literature in transit) while living in montreal. she's now producing them in brooklyn by reworking the spines and jackets of books to create these unique pieces. you can choose from a readymade group or contact kristina about custom work (have your favorite book turned into a bag or wallet when the pages have yellowed and fallen out) right here. enjoy! [thanks, kristina!]

bag3

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger rania said...

Check out rebound designs. Caitlin makes purses out of books and they're awesome!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the simplicity of this! Just lovely.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my jaw just dropped. SO COOL.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This just seems wrong to me. Don't abuse books! This turns a historical object into a disposable consumer good. Plus, it encourages the view of books as items to be plundered, not read. Keep the pages!!!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was a great idea when I first saw someone do it...about four years ago.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...wow...imagine my surprise when i saw the book my grandmother had given me as a child..."the japanese nightingale"

it seems so strange to have this treasured object, still lovingly sitting on my bookshelf, turned into someone else's credit card holder...

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.