Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

5.10.06

thomas paul pillow contest!

DSC15991

people often ask me why i only write about products that i like. "she can't possibly like everything she sees" is often what i hear. and well, those looking for a good design bash are right. i certainly have a lot to say about products i feel aren't well designed but i've always felt that d*s was a place to be positive and celebrate people making things that are well-designed and beautiful. the site isn't called baddesign*sponge after all. but today we're switching it up a bit- in honor of the beautiful new collection of pillows thomas paul has released, d*s and pillowsandthrows.com are having an UGLY design contest!

in honor of the hordes of not so pretty pillows that are churned out each year and remain locked up in basements and on guest beds everywhere, we're looking for the ugliest pillow in america. the person with the ugliest (and i mean ugliest) pillow will win a lovely pair of thomas paul pillows to replace the icky one they currently have. we're not trying to dash any designer's work, but simply replace an outdated, rundown or unfortunate looking pillow with some cheerful new designs. so, want to replace your pillow nightmares with dreamy thomas pauls? send an email here (subject: pillow contest) with your name, a photo of your pillow and the story behind it- the deadline for submissions is next friday, october 13. we'll vote on the top 3 the following monday and then announce the winner on wednesday, october 18! enter here and have fun!

[be sure to check out the thomas paul podcast from this morning if you're interested in tp]

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally- We get to dish on something less than perfect! Fabulous! Too bad I cleaned out my ugly housewares for a yard sale this summer...I think I would have one with my mother's old shag pillow.

Heather

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I'm having deja vu: http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2006/10/well_played_kat.html

2:00 PM  
Blogger Susie Felber said...

OMG! So fun! I have so many ugly pillows and ugly pillow sob stories. The rest of you might as well just no enter...
: D

2:55 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

ooh i love these girls! did you see their blog on new york magazine's site during fashion week? it was genius.

d*s

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun!!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like GoFug you should check out Perezhilton.com. He's sort of a jerk but always has the insiderz tips.

Jan

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we enter people anonymously? My best friend's taste in throw pillows is atrocious but I don't want her to know it's me...help?

Melanie

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...did Perez leave that comment himself, with the telltale zzz?

Kat

3:41 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

Melanie

Well, as funny as that is, maybe you should give your friend a heads up. I'd hate to publish photos of her house and upset anyone ;) But maybe she'd be happy about getting new pilows? Just be careful...

Anon

I doubt superstar Perez even knows I exist, though I read the site daily. I know, it's awful but I can't help myself. He really does have all the scoops before everyone else!

d*s

3:42 PM  
Blogger holly said...

can't wait!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun idea. I concur- nice to have an option to not always talk about "pretty" things.

Stan

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful, if you post pictures of the ugliest pillows, Jonathan Adler might start producing them! Ha!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi'ya, Lindsay,

Jonathan Adler ALREADY HAS!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no you DI-INT!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.