Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

20.11.06

gift guide part 1: affordable art

1163976976

maria of port2port has become my affordable art and photography guru. after her guest blog series on affordable art it became clear that mav had found a niche that needed filling. this year she was kind enough to let me include her art/gift guide as part of the d*s gift guide week. she's included over 30 pieces ranging from photography and prints to porcelain and canvas bags. i wanted to keep today's theme to artwork so i've included some additional pieces below. [click here] to see maria's full affordable art gift guide and scan below for highlights from maria's list and some new finds of my own. stay tuned tomorrow for my guide to gifts under $25, $50 and $100. wednesday will be splurge gifts and a 25 item "for him" guide. enjoy! [print above $80 by mat daly, via mav]

1163813217

[photographs by maditi $13, via mav]

1163900206

[camilla engman print $50, via mav]

mav1

[prints by CDR ($15-50) and nebo peklo ($19), via mav]

mav2

[calendar by shayna $18, via mav]

mav3

[lettepress day planner (ooh!) by sherwood press $12, via mav]

25_12

[standard motion prints $20]

blis70_1

[native herb posters by jill bliss $16]

katy-2girlsprint-big

[annabelle print by miss katy $50]

business-as-usual2

[rachell sumpter print $75]

marci-owlprint-2big

[marci washington print $25]

icebrgs-print-big

[michelle blade print $35]

uprisings_large1

[kozyndan uprising print $20]

5741__dp__e(700x600)

[hybrid home prints $40]

il_430xN.894462

[erasoul drawing $65- one in stock!]

il_430xN.1685489

[many muses photos $30]

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

i love the mat daly print at the top! i'm adding that to MY christmas list!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so excited to work with you on bringing attention to artists.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bookmarking this so when I'm finally doing my Christmas shopping, I can get some wonderful gifts. Just wow.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's blocking me from viewing on flickr. is there somewhere else i can get additional info?

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous visuals treats!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post...I just ordered 2 posters/prints from Standard Motion!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring my work in today's blog.

I will be donating a portion of all my holiday sales to charity as well, so shop early and often!

Art IS affordable and appreciates with time.

Best regards,

Linda Plaisted
Manymuses Studio
www.manymuses.com

6:41 PM  
Blogger lilly piri said...

fantastic:D thank you

7:04 PM  
Blogger typefiend said...

What a great idea, making a list like this. Art as a gift is something I truly endorse. For the last two holiday seasons, my partner in crime and I go into together to purchase a piece of artwork as a gift for each other. Sure beats socks and a tie!

7:36 PM  
Blogger madame artsy said...

love these! And what a great resource for unique holiday shopping. Thank you!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blinked and the gift guide from 11/19/06 disappeared! Am I imagining things?

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the selection! I am buying most of my presents here. xox, jk

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.