Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

19.2.07

sneak peek...lisa congdon

this morning lisa congdon's house was too perfect to pass up. full of bold pattern and bright splashes of color, it's right in line with today's color theme- she even has some kelly green. lisa's description of her home follows. (and yes, we have some more boys on the way...) [click here for full sized photos of lisa's home]
The first one above is a little "vignette" (as I like to call them) on my kitchen table. I love to make arrangements of things together. My kitchen is filled with colorful Scandinavian and Japanese stuff, and this is a little collection of a few of my favorite things, most all vintage kitchen items.
This next photo is my sofa. I spend lots of time on this thing. It's very comfy. The painting overhead is by painted Mike Maxwell, whose work I love.
Next we have the bedroom, which I like to call the "kids" room, even though I do not have kids. I collect Japanese and vintage toys and all manner of well-designed but silly things and most are kept in my bedroom. On the bed you can see some cats and a bunny made by my sister Stephanie Barnes and a pirate bear made by Heather Louise. Up on the shelf there is a Chris Duncan bird, a Jill Bliss bird and a Joanna Mendicino bird. Can you spot them? The duvet cover is from Dwell Home. The silhouette over the bed is me when I was five. I made it last year for a show and no one bought it so now it hangs over my bed.
Finally we have my Kofod Larsen credenza, which was an impulse buy, purchased down the street from my house at a cool midcentury store several months ago. I will never tire of it. The We are So Good Together print is from I am Still Alive. The two prints to each side are Japanese postcards that I framed together. To the left is an original Eames dining chair that I got on eBay about 8 years ago for $40. More vignettes on the credenza, including my collection of small mid-century enameled plates. In the other vignette sits a Lisa Solomon wax bust, one of my favorite pieces ever.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

All the little details, and the colors! I could look at those photos all day and still find something new in them. Lisa Congdon's home is one of my favorite homes that I've never seen, lol.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute home. Was this a house tour on Apartment Therapy before? It looks so familiar.

12:19 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

yup! i think lisa was in the color contest perhaps?

d*s

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it could have been the color contest. I really like the lime color paired with that red-orange sofa.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love lisa's house! besides being really colorful and fun, it actually seems attainable, like you could put it together with not too much money and a whole lotta creativity.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jan Halvarson said...

i have to have that credenza and the vignette that goes with.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I have that lamp on the credenza. (from Target) And perhaps those little vases from Ikea.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love with the sofa! where can I find one like this??

thanks

12:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

i go to this site all the time and never would have thought to see my boys art. -;] mke maxwell in lisas house.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.