Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

27.2.07

sneak peek...lost bird found

sara jensen and her husband thor of lost bird found have a beatiful home in astoria, ny. i wanted to end today on a colorful note so i thought their beautiful green bedroom (with touches of bright orange) would be perfect. sara was the designer behind the popular pomegranite pouches at dec's d*s shop and she continues to produce through her studio, lost bird found. you can click here for larger (and many extra) photos of sara and thor's lovely home in astoria.

"First I have to say that we are struggling with the fact that we have wood paneling, I almost didnt move in to this apartment when my husband was just my boyfriend because of the wood paneling! Thor's favorite color is bright green, he painted the bedroom before I moved in. He says it stays. I say okay. Its grown on me. The orange dresser was originally a white dresser that had been up at my lakehouse. I brought it back while I was still living in Boston and painted it orange. I guess we dont buy into the mellow bedroom colors."

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Shayna said...

i love this place! funny, i'm debating a place because of the wood paneling; wasn't sure it was paintable...think i just made my decision! thanks!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i'm not the biggest fan of the sneak peeks into designers' homes. if there are going to be so many of them maybe they could be moved to their own link like the "women to watch" or "around the web" off to the side of the blog.

1:47 PM  
Blogger CoralPoetry said...

Hi,

I love the Siamese cat.

Coral

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sort of agree with above about the sneak peeks. i absolutely love them, but it is feeling like too much for everyday.
maybe they could be limited to being featured one or two special days a week? i would enjoy a little more anticipation.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna bite into the cat! aaargh, so chubby!

i love designer home peeks, they inspire me.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Erin Lang Norris said...

wow, that looks like a fun bedroom! i love the green...and the wood paneling looks awesome painted!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog,
cool pics :O)

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it interesting that almost all sneak peek designers have cats! any dog lovers out there?

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that lamp!! Where did you get it??

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy to find this- this was my old apartment for years when Thor moved in, and it looks a heck of a lot better than when i lived there. great job you guys!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am really REALLY interested in where you found the orange bedspread, i love it! please inform! i love the green and orange together!
-meg

8:06 PM  
Blogger Carmen Eva said...

chocale, yo le puse una sabana calipso con lunares verdes a la base de mi cama, i really like this bed!!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger K. Thor Jensen said...

Hi, Meg - the bedspread's just Ikea!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd just like to say that your sneakpeaks are my favorite thing on the internet. I absolutely love your blog.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing! When I bought this duvet set I hadn't seen it anywhere else. Now I've seen it in three separate publications. I must have good taste.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.