Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

16.2.07

tgif

just back from the city and i'm exhausted. i think i'm going to save the second sneak peek for monday unless there's a major revolt. don't want to over saturate you guys with artists' homes. until monday here is one of the latest pieces from artist jen garrido. on a cold day like this her work always cheers me up. have a wonderful weekend, i'll see you on monday with the letterpress guide and a fun new section for d*s! [jen's work is available through branch gallery in nc]

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Madelyn said...

Wow! What beautiful paintings! She's like Eric Carle for grown-ups. Thanks for the link.

New to your site -- love it.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I just came across your delightful blog! Such wonderful images, articles + musings...

Mind if I add you to my "I heart blogs" list? :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Shopalicious! said...

There's something Asian-inspired about this piece that is very appealing.

A bit of DesignSponge-reading always perks up my day!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Wow, Jen's work is so unique and beautiful. Thanks for sharing that...I can see why it cheers you up!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Carlene said...

Your blog just keeps getting better and better. I love the sneak peaks, and your taste in art is impeccable, by which I mean it's pretty much exactly like mine.

:)

Jen Garrido's work is amazing, she's on my short list of artist whose work I plan on purchase, once I can afford it. Do you have any idea of the price range of these paintings?

4:07 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

Thanks Carlene :)

It seems like Jen's current projects at the Branch gallery no long have prices listed. I'm guessing they're around or above $500 so they're definitely pieces to invest in.

I actually purchased a smaller piece last year and I can attest to her work being worth every penny ;)

d*s

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.