i was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but to be honest the idea of waking up tomorrow and not opening the computer was too tempting. as of 3pm this afternoon the new houseandgarden.com is live! i've spent the last year working on the project and the last 2 months working on the actual articles and coding. we finally uploaded content, worked out the major bugs (i know there are still some little ones lurking around) and hit "go" today so i'm thrilled to announce the new work i'll be doing there. in addition to d*s i'll be blogging and running a new section on the hg website: trends + shopping. the features in my section will be:
- under $100: a daily column featuring a great product under $100.
- things we love: this will occasionally include finds from other h&g editors, but this will be a daily column of fantastic new products (different than products on d*s) i've seen in the market (sort of a wish list without cost in mind necessarily, though many will be affordable).
- h&g videos: this month i filmed a short video on my old neighborhood of williamsburg, brooklyn. here are some things i've learned: i should never, ever say "totally" on camera again, i shouldn't wear sweaters that make me look hip-y (wide, not the granola definition) and i need to work on my on-camera presence. i'm not a pro yet so please be merciful. i promise the next one will be better.
- podcasts: this month i'm debuting a podcast with textile designer judy ross.
- city guides: we'll be adding more as we go along.
- the d*s blog: all content on my h&g blog is exclusive to the site so you'll get a double dose of design over here and at hg (and bigger pictures, yay). i have three new posts- my favorite piece the home collection from alexis bittar, my new obsession (see the plate below for a preview)
- the h&g kitchen quiz: a fun little quiz that lets you see what type of kitchen you are and leads you to gorgeous slideshows full of kitchen ideas. (we'll be adding quizzes for different rooms). i'm a "classic" kitchen apparently.
- submit your room: send a picture and h&g's editors will help you with your decorating dilemmas
- the fornasetti slide show: some stunning products in there. be sure to check it out
- an entire eco section with treehugger's blog, eco-chic products and all sorts of guides to eco-shopping.