Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

1.3.07

sneak peek...henry road

we caught a brief glimpse into paul smail of henry road's apartment yesterday (thanks to meg) and i was too intrigued to pass up asking for a few more pictures. paula was kind enough to send another a few more so here they are along with a description in her own words. click here for full sized pictures of her home...

"Here you go....my dining room and kitchen -- essentially one room along with my living room. Needless to say my preference for strong color is obvious :) I love my dining room table which is a big solid piece of Oak. I am still looking for the perfect chairs. Chandeliers are from Habitat in London and painted red gloss. Curtains are my Gloria design. Painting is my mothers -- Jo Smail -- The corner of my kitchen is a travelogue of sorts. Decoupaged the refrigerator with the London A-Z (got the idea from Living etc) and lucked out that the colors in the map worked perfectly with the wall color. Eiffel towers are mementos from Paris and the Warhol poster was found in Florence."

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fridge!
Giselle

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how I where I can find instructions on how to do that to my fridge? Thanks!

amyphee@comcast.net

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This apartment is gorgeous!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance of getting the instructions on how to wall paper a fridge or decoupage one as shown? I'm dieing to cover our eye sore.

Thanks!
shannon

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am curious where the dining table is from...?

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone know where ti buy those chandeliers? thanks!

jennie

2:01 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

here are some answers from paula:


Table comes from Crate and Barrel -- called Big Sur

Used Mod Podge Matte-Mat to do decoupage -- brush it on back of paper, stick it on, get as many of bubbles out as possible with dry
brush/sponge/cloth, paint on top (drys white). Put another couple of coats on when dry to seal or use varnish if you prefer. At least
that's what I did -- my first project and its holding up to everyday
use very well.

Chandeliers were bought in London a couple of years ago -- Habitat had
them -- never found them online anywhere else at the time.

Hope that helps. Paula

10:33 AM  
Blogger Dutch Girl said...

My livingroom is that color yellow! I heart it like MAD!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fridge, love the curtains.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fridge is very cool!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lightning said...

I love the wall color; any info regarding paint color, pain maker?

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.