top design: the party + the dirt
ac and i just got home from the top design finale party at the w hotel. what an evening. we spent a good chunk of the night with the carpenters (the most underrated lot of the show) and trying to calm me down every time goil or todd oldham walked by. i thought i'd share as much dirt as possible (no, no spoilers, i promise) so i've arranged it by category below- it was quite the gossip fest. but hey, it's a design show- what did you expect? [click here for pictures of the evening]
- favorite highlight of the evening: meeting todd oldham and having him say "oh i know design*sponge!". seriously. highlight of the whole darn evening. maybe my entire life. he's incredible.
- season two? probably not: the vibe was that season two was a long shot. todd mentioned that he liked doing "onesies" and pretty much everyone was like "um, we're not sure about a second season yet...". we'll see...
- odd moment of the evening: jane seymour (aka- dr. quinn medicine woman) being shown around by what must have been her agent to promote her pillow designs that were printed on her purse. seriously- on her purse. we listened to her talk to matt and say "actually, these are my pillow designs right here...". eesh.
- carpenters: the most underrated bunch. these guys didn't even get their travel paid for to come to the event. they actually had the most interesting things to say, too. THEY should get their own show. sarah, blair and ed were incredibly nice.
- the contestants: rumor has it that felicia was once the scientology asst. to nicole kidman. matt- not wearing a wedding ring. isn't he married? michael- actually quite nice in person. most people agreed he was edited to look a lot crankier than he was. carisa: quite nice in person. i keep forgetting she was the only student on the show. andrea- she is the tallest women in the world with the world's tallest heels. apparently ac and i aren't the only ones who refer to lisa as "storm". affectionately, of course.
- judges: jonathan and kelly were a no-show as of 8:30. margaret was there and was incredibly nice. she's also incredibly tiny (and beautiful). the woman can wear red. todd? not a judge but he should be. he was so friendly and so sweet.
- ok, goil: mission accomplished. i met him and the evening was complete. he's even cuter and perkier in person. you just want to squeeze him he's so cute. i can't wait to see what he does after the show.
- random celeb attendees: ted allen from queer eye running up the stairs, dr. quinn medicine woman and the bald fashion guy from E!- blanking on his name.