Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

14.5.07

headed south: SCAD edition

i'm hopping on a plane right now (two planes to be precise) to head down to savannah to speak at the savannah college of art and design. i am so, so thrilled to be meeting with such talented students and getting to spend time in such a lovely city. i'll be in town through wednesday morning so if you'd like to swing by and say hi here are the details for my "lecture":
"Design Online: Showing, Selling, and Promoting Your Work On The Web" Tuesday, May 15, 3pm at the Red Gallery.
there will be an introduction by pamela wiley of the fibers dept and i'll be happy to speak with any students and look at portfolios for as much time as i'm allowed. i'll also be visiting classes and doing portfolio reviews from 5-7 on the 15th in gordon hall. i'll of course be visiting with the working class studio and checking out the scad shop and i'll fit in any other sites i have time for. right now i'm just pinching myself because i get to stay at magnolia hall. it doesn't get more beautiful and southern than that. i'll be posting once or twice a day while i'm gone- but i'll be back full time on thursday morning with coverage of the trip- and hopefully lots of beautiful home photos. hope to see you at the lecture if you're in town. until thursday, i hope you all have a wonderful week. xo, d*s

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you at the lecture. I am so excited.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I am a SCAD alumni with a dual BFA in fashion design and fibers, and think this will be an amazing opportunity for the students. I wish I could be there to hear you speak, but I have moved to Atlanta. Hope you love Savannah, I often miss it.

2:26 PM  
Blogger atomique47 said...

Awesome! I graduated from SCAD (interior design 2005).

Have a great time!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a SCAD fibers alum, I'm absolutely tickled to see that you are off to Savannah and especially visiting Gordon. The fibers girls are amazing!!!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you go on a day when it doesn't smell bad. SCAD is right near a paper mill and it often reeks in a serious way. I went there too and am not a fan.

7:32 AM  
Blogger talknpretty said...

have you ever considered podcasting your lectures?

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

working class studio makes some of my favorite journals.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Woo SCAD! I would have definitely attended if I weren't at the Lacoste campus right now. I hope you have a good time in my favorite city.

5:39 PM  
Blogger mod*mom said...

lucky students! i hope you had a spectacular time!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.