Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

17.5.07

sneak peek: magnolia place inn

somehow i hit the b&b jackpot and scad kindly put me up at the magnolia place inn. right across the street from forstyh park, the magnolia inn was like living in a movie. literally, i felt like i was an extra in the cast of midnight in the garden of good and evil, or like i'd stepped back 100 years into the old south. the interior had modern amenities of course but the home itself was an absolute gem. i put together a little slideshow of the hotel (which was renovated by scad and redecorated with alum work) right here if you're interested in taking a little tour. if you're even in savannah i highly suggest saving up for a stay here. miss betty will take good care of you...

[i've also become obsessed with the curtains below. i'm going to try to have them made for our house]

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

oh wow, those curtains...

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

aren't those curtains the best?? the shantung silk next to an almost burlap-y linen. and the color was perfection. now, how to get them made here...

d*s

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

amazing! i love that place... it looks so exotic to me! :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger jdg said...

so wonderful.

I love the porch. southern porches are such wonderful redemption for the humidity and the kudzu.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I LOOOVE Savannah, I think it's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. This makes me want to go back.

9:17 PM  
Blogger the cheese project said...

magnolia inn is a magical place...
my (now) husband proposed to me on the second- story balcony during a summer thunder / rain storm...all i can say is the guy has impeccable taste and timing : )

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jeaslous, that place is gorgeous.

6:06 PM  
Blogger car said...

oh wow, do you know who did the painting in the bottom pic?

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the painting in the lower photo. Do you know who the artist is?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Anna Spiro said...

It is so beautiful. The artwork and the furnishings are beautiful and I agree the curtains are devine.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kerry Pitt-Hart said...

Those curtains ARE gorgeous!

3:29 PM  
Blogger ** Terramia ** said...

Sumptuous curtains, and the fireplace is soooo dazzling! What a treat to stay there...

3:33 AM  
Blogger squidbee said...

Oh wow, I used to live around the corner from there when I was going to SCAD. There's really no place like beautiful Savannah!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.