Enter your Email

Powered by FeedBlitz


other people's homes

one of my favorites things about seeing photos of other people's homes is seeing objects or furniture you have displayed in a different way. the other day dooce (my online hero) posted a photo of wayne payte's bird print in her home and i had a mini dance party in my living room. aside from having a geek-out moment and realizing we had the same print, it was fun to see how she displayed it and to see it in a different light. it's always so fun to see objects come to life when they're recontextualized.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I saw this as Dooce's online photo today and wondered how I could get one of these prints. thanks d*s!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Jaime said...

I have that print in my kitchen!

11:09 AM  
Blogger rachael m. said...

I saw that post yesterday and KNEW I'd seen that print somewhere! How cool... I love both D*S and Dooce so it's double fun.

11:34 AM  
Blogger lucy said...

I had the same dance party when I saw you had the "Le Sigh" print on your corkboard :)

Can't wait to see the kitchen!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Sion said...

That is one heckuva print--I *really* like the color and simple form. I'm assuming the bottom two prints are yours?

About recontextualization--I think I do the same thing with music; I love hearing my favorite songs in different headphones/speakers, sung by different singers and with played different instruments. It's amazing how a piece of art can live so many lives!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is she using to hold her stereo? Are those hacked LACK tables?

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Sam said...

Grace, have you thought about creating a Design Sponge Flickr photo pool? You have so many great ideas. I know I have purchased a couple things showcased on your site. It would be fun to see how creative people are. I will take all the inspiration I can get!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I just picked up the same print from the framer yesterday! I love love love it! It's above my bed. It's the first thing I see when I walk into my room. :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger modmom said...

it reminds me of the partridge family logo. so cute

5:19 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

"What is she using to hold her stereo? Are those hacked LACK tables?"

I'm almost 100% they are (Ikea LACK TV unit tables). Specifically, the two-foot-wide version they sell here:


Ironically, I was actually looking at the wider Lack the other day, thinking of how I could stack one on top of the other and screw on some brackets on the back to keep them together. She may have done something similar.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, todd.

I thought those looked awfully familiar.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Wow. The prints look fantastic in those frames. Did you buy those or have them custom-made?

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Oops, I just found your old post where you mention using Sky & Frame Art for framing. Sorry about that...

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.