Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

5.7.07

sneak peek: baby kavanagh

i'm a big fan of artist amanda kavanagh and it was such a joy to meet her newborn baby girl, oona, in brooklyn a few weeks ago. amanda sent over some photos of oona's new nursery and i had to share them. i seem to be getting a lot of requests for nursery ideas these days (a new baby boom?) so i thought i'd share the great ones i get in my inbox. i love all the vignette shots amanda sent and the soft blue color of oona's room- as always you can click here to see full sized versions of all these photos (the panorama shot is really nice). thanks so much to amanda for sharing! notes on the nursery from amanda are below...

[Other than a new crib, all the furniture was recycled from elsewhere in the house. The changing table is an antique dresser that belonged to my grandmother, the armoire was found on the street (we just repainted it), the mission bookcase was in our garage for years (holding the paint cans) The chandelier is just a cheapo reproduction from Lowes, but I loved the way it looked. We used eco-friendly, non off-gas paint on the walls. We filled the room with objects that were made or given to us by good friends and family: The painting of the red shoes is by my sister Lydia, the mirror ball was a birthday gift from many years ago. The lobster belonged to my niece. Most of the books were donated by a neighbor but also include all my own tattered childhood favorites from Scarry to Struwwelpeter.]

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger JTa said...

How beautiful and peaceful.

I've seen the light blue paint color showing up in a lot of rooms lately. My bedroom is also a similar blue, but I found it so difficult to choose the right blue-ish seaspray-ish green to complement the tone of my icy-blue bedding. I chose Benjamin Moore's Jamaican Aqua, which turned out to be too bright. I'm thinking about repainting and was wondering what color you used on those walls.

It looks fabulous.

10:39 AM  
Blogger sfgirlbybay said...

That is the coolest and cutest baby's room I think I've ever seen! I love the disco-chandelier!

Did Amanda share the paint color?

11:43 AM  
Blogger jdg said...

beautiful. that's a nursery that will still look great when she's a little girl. I love the lobster, too.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Oooh what a neat room! Did Amanda make the (oh-so-cute) fish mobile or can we purchase our very own version?

4:34 PM  
Blogger gretchen e. said...

The Floating Fish Mobile is available; however, a little spendy.

http://www.geniusjones.com/product-exec/category_id/224/product_id/2360/nm/Floating_Fish_Mobile

11:35 AM  
Blogger adventure reno said...

i'm wondering where the crib is from- it's gorgeous!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.