Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

20.8.07

bloggers' guide to online shopping: part one

one of the things i get asked most about these days is my favorite online source for things like wallpaper, artwork, furniture and lighting. i figured, if i'm going to share my favorite, why not make it a guide to my all of my favorite bloggers' favorite online haunts? below you'll find part one of a guide to furniture, lighting, textiles, papergoods, wallpaper, gifts, ceramics, garden, vintage finds, artwork and "hidden gem" websites created by my absolute favorite bloggers. there are some seriously great shops (tons i'd never heard of) in here so i hope you enjoy the list. thanks to all the bloggers who contributed- happy shopping and stay tuned tomorrow for part two! [this list will be archived in the "guides" section above later today]

Joy of Oh Joy!:

Kelly at Hoping for Happy Accidents:

Pam at HouseMartin:

Jan at Poppytalk

Abigail Percy:

Kim and Jo at Desire to Inspire:

Angela at Shelterrific:

Victoria at SFGirlByBay:

  • Furniture: Room & Board (for basics like sofas, chairs) or Velocity Art & Design (for classic, post-modern reproductions)
  • Lighting: Design Public
  • Textiles: Purl Soho
  • Papergoods: For office goods I quite like See Jane Work; or Muji which I first visited in London and became addicted to their simple, 'non-brand name' environmentally-friendly products
  • Wallpaper: I'm in love with Orla Kiely's wallpaper patterns!
  • Gifts: I love the beautiful, unique accessories Rose & Radish carries; and I also love Anthropologie for their fun, girly kitchen and home wares
  • Ceramics: I love Diana Fayt's work and she has a new shop on etsy. I also love Rae Dunn's work, which can be found on Mason Reve (Rae is opening an etsy shop soon!)
  • Garden: I usually shop my local nursery or the SF Flower Mart, but Uncommon Goods has fun garden accessories
  • Vintage Finds: I have to say craigslist is my best resource. I like ebay, but shopping online and then being able to actually see the piece in person before you buy adds a more secure comfort level. For more of a European vintage look I like Paris Hotel Boutique
  • Artwork: Etsy is amazing for prints, and for fine art collecting i also love The Beholder - she has a great collection of artists like Katja Ollendorf, Juliette Borda, and Catherine Ledner
  • Hidden Gem Online: Park Life - it's a new SF shop with great art books, paper goods, unusual gifts and accessories. It's also a gallery and has online exhibits as well as gallery openings from time to time. I'm also a huge fan of The Sartoriaist - unique fashion style inspires me all the time.

Phoebe at Silk Felt Soil:

  • Furniture: The best concept for a furniture shop I know is Unto This Last, a London shop that designs furniture that flat-packs. Prices are reasonable, and the colors and designs are beautiful. We need an outpost on this side of the Atlantic!
  • Lighting: my favorite DIY lighting trick is to snip off a paper parasol at the base and attach it with a piece of wire to a ceiling fixture. Asian Ideas has a great range
  • Textiles: I covet the summer blankets from Swans Island Blankets
  • Papergoods: Black Pearl Press- Elisabeth's work is gorgeous, versatile, and she is white-hot quick with special orders!
  • Wallpaper: Walnut Wallpaper sorts by color, which I love! And I like Charles Rupert for super traditional reproductions, though it does take a little patience to find some good ones. (eg, I want a wall of William Morris's "Fruit"
  • Gifts: I am a huge fan of Greener Grass Design- they have a huge range of beautiful items, and most of them are very reasonably priced
  • Ceramics: Dovetail - i love their "neighborhood" line and Hi and Lo Modern for vintage pieces
  • Garden: my secret resource is Historic Trees for gifts for people with a little plot of land
  • Vintage Finds: Ebay or Craigslist
  • Artwork: Etsy! or Gemini G. E. L.
  • Hidden Gem Online: Little Flower Candy Co. (for sea salt caramels!)

Maria of Port2Port:

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea and thanks so much for doing this Grace. Next up, an Etsy guide to the best shops? :-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Camille Acey said...

Thanks! I have bookmarked this.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Victoria E said...

What a guide! I very much look forward to part 2 and have bookmarked this for frequently later reference :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger IMEDAGOZE said...

oooh I won't miss goodies like these :). Bookmarked!!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a resource! thank you!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Lobster and swan said...

wow! this is great so much good stuff to look at! thanks!

2:27 PM  
Blogger patricia zapata said...

Thanks for sharing this! It's wonderful!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Great list!! Thanks

3:57 PM  
Blogger JustAnotherDay said...

wow! this is one heck of a list! Thanks so much for sharing with us all!

5:14 PM  
Blogger erica said...

perfect list! so many new things to pretend-buy!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Liene Stevens said...

fab resource and so useful! thanks!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

Yikes! I don't know where to start! I think I'll bookmark it and keep returning to take little bites...
Thanks for this.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a FANTASTIC resource!!! Thank you so much for doing all the hard work to assemble it!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

thank you for such wonderful ideas!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sanjeev said...

Furniture: Ebay and Modhaus
shop for Lighting: Anthropologie

These are my favorite too:)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.