Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

8.8.07

the glass house

yesterday's trip to the glass house was such an incredible experience. some days i have to pinch myself and remember that things like this are real. we got to stroll the grounds of philip johnson's estate for about 90 minutes and check out the main glass house, the guest house, the art gallery (or the "kunst bunker" as he called it), the sculpture gallery and a super-modern structure called the "da monsta". there were a handful of other buildings on the lot we weren't able to see but what we did was incredible. i'll be posting a full slideshow on monday but here's a little sneak peek inside, pre-slideshow...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger peacay said...

David Byrne was there the other day too.

2:09 PM  
Blogger kbd said...

You are so lucky! I have been wanting to make that trip for a long time. Can't wait to see the slideshow!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

i can't wait to visit.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Calie Durant said...

I am so jealous. I have been wanting to go there. The photos are beautiful too.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said it Cali, jealous I am too. I've want to see it since my college days.

7:02 PM  
Blogger sfgirlbybay said...

I can't believe you got to go there. I was just reading an article about this house, and how so many of these historic homes are being TORN DOWN to build McMansions. So sad - this is beautiful.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...so gorgeous..must be amazing to see something like that in person..

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am JEALOUS!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

grace! repeating the above...that's awesome that you got to check out PJ's glass house...I'm definitely jealous...your pictures are gorgeous.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Caroline Armijo said...

Can't wait to see your pictures. We tried to book a tour and they were sold out for the entire month of August and well into September. So happy you loved it.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.