Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

17.9.07

carla lane interiors

for the past few years i've been daydreaming about either going back to school for interior design or opening my own specialty food shop. they're very different projects but for me, both are about expressing a vision for a specific art form. these days i've been leaning towards the food shop but when i meet a designer like carla lane, i start to think that design might be a more exciting option. carla emailed me about some beautiful wicker chairs she rehabbed and included a link to her website. based in the san fernando valley of california, carla recently opened her own interior design studio after years spent writing her own lifestyle column for angeleno magazine. i always love hearing about people switching careers and carla is a wonderful example of being able to transfer good taste from one field to another. her style is a mix of east-coast cool and california comfort with a dash of bold vintage furniture. i've included a few of my favorite photos above and below but you can see more of her work right here. enjoy! [thanks, carla!]

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger IMEDAGOZE said...

oh yes, I love hearing inspiring stories like ppl switching careers, too. It somehow encourages you to take that "leap of faith". And Carla has done it well. Love her style!

11:13 AM  
Blogger .::. ariane phillips .::. said...

I am sure whatever you choose to do, you will be great at it! I am sure there are lots of us bloggers out there that are cheering you on (as long as you still keep posting... jk).

Good luck!

11:47 AM  
Blogger c*liz said...

I went back to school to get a second bachelors in interior design after getting my first in pyschology. Sometimes you just have to itch that design bug. I did it all in 2 short (very exciting) years. Now at 26 I'm living my dream. I say go for it Grace! Your taste is exquisite and the rest you can learn.

12:00 PM  
Blogger ramona west said...

first of all amazing color combinations here! second, i recently quit my day job as a designer for a clothing line to start my own line of handbags made from recycled vintage fabric and my own line of vintage clothing and accessories. i have NEVER been happier. do what's calling you, you'll only regret it if you dont! www.ramonawest.etsy.com

4:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I check your blog on a very regular basis and love the inspiration. Although you don't know me and are probably very busy, I tagged you in my latest post. If you are interested in playing along, you can check out the details on my blog. More than anything, I wanted my friends to check out your great blog. Anything else is bonus. Keep up the fantastic work!

6:00 PM  
Blogger sfgirlbybay said...

go carla! i'm inspired by her big jump and so many others these days that are creating their world away from the corporate grind! it seems like we all benefit from the happiness and uniqueness it brings!

grace - no matter food or design i can't wait to see!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Nathalie said...

I love inspiring stories like Carla as well. I wish i could find my niche too and do full time what i really love .. there are so many creative areas that i enjoy that its difficult to decide.. at the moment i just focus on my blog hoping it will help me decide which route to take.

7:07 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Grace you should do it!

And Thank you so much for the link to Cala's site. I was unfamiliar with her work. It is very fresh and fun, and I am bookmarking her site!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.