Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

10.9.07

ugliest pillow contest!

this is always one of my favorite contests at d*s each year. last year pillows and throws offered up two new thomas paul pillows to replace the ugliest pillows we could find. this year they're doing the same and will hopefully be able to rid one lucky reader's home of a seriously hideous pillow collection. the details and guidelines are as follows:
  • the person with the ugliest pillow will win a pair of new thomas paul pillows. we're not out to trash any designer's work, but simply replace an outdated, rundown or unfortunate looking pillow with some cheerful new designs.
  • think you have a contender? send an email right here (subject: pillow contest) with your name, a photo of your pillow and the story behind it- the deadline for submissions is next monday, september 17, at 8 am
  • the finalists will be announced the following day, tuesday, september 18, and then i'll open it up to YOU guys to vote on who really has the ugliest pillow around.
  • the winner will be announced that friday, september 21 and their new thomas paul pillows will be shipped shortly thereafter.
thanks to pillows and throws for rescuing one lucky pillow-owner from a life of ugly pillows.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a funny contest!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, cute little contest.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. October Lucky has the six best e-shops to get pillows from on page 250!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you post a link to the ugliest ones from last year?

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are we talking "pure ugly" or "ugly and beautiful"?

7:56 PM  
Blogger alyson. said...

oh my goodness, I'm totally begging my college roommate to enter this contest. she has some "hard to part with, pillows her mom made her" aka, pillows that should win this contest! how fun!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still clearly remember the cute girard-esque lion from last year. bring back the lion!

9:51 AM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

anon

the link to last year's contest is in the post above. check out the "ugliest pillows" link in the first paragraph

d*s

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not seeing the link for the old pillows, either...I clicked "ugly pillows" link in the first paragraph but it sends me to the D*S contest write up. Am I blind?

12:53 PM  
Blogger magbot said...

Here's where you'll find the finalists that were voted on last year:

http://designsponge.blogspot.com/2006/10/ugliest-pillow-contest-vote.html

Number 3 was the winner (loser?).

I'm going over to my aunt's house and photograph all 26 of the hideous pillows she has crowding everyone off her sofa.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Magbot. Yep, those are some pretty ugly pillows. I have to submit- I think I've got a contender!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the ugly pillow contest is back this year! My poor brown bomb, http://designsponge.blogspot.com/2006/10/ugliest-pillow-winner.html
was crowned the worst of the worst last year- I can't tell you how much I love, love, love the Thomas Paul pillows that replaced it! Although, I must admit, I do still have the brown bomb hidden in a closet- it's a great story to show and tell, when someone admires my pretty pillows! :-)

I can't wait to see this year's finalists!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.