Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

26.4.05

ms. ross

4

i've mentioned ms. ross before in a post about auto, but i just found her personal site and was blown away by her work for the second time. i knew her designs were beautiful, but i hadn't seen the gorgeous array of colors her work was available in. and wow, is it gorgeous. auto carries some great pieces of hers, but nothing in the beautiful colors i saw on her site.

10

judy ross is new york based textile artist whose work blows me away. she blends century old embroidery techniques with modern design to create subtle but beautiful textiles for the home. her collection includes pillows, rugs, curtains, upholstery fabric, tablemats and bed covers.

ms. ross' textiles are handmade using three different techniques, according to your preference: chainstitched (in india), hand-knotted and hand-tufted. each is gorgeous and oozes luxury.

1

i highly suggest you check out ms. ross' work on her website, her pieces are a bit on the high-end of the market, but are definitely worth the investment. enjoy!

8

9

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

D*S,

You are awesome and I really love your site, I was surfing off a friends blogroll and found you. Basically, I think you have caused me to lose my mind surfing all of these wonderful design sites. I do have a real job, and now if I am not careful, I may get dooced....anyway keep it up and as an FYI, I posted how awesome you are over on my Far Flung Blog. Thanks for making my day!
Kristy

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pillow at the top of the post looks an awful lot like HELL's tags, which i see all over my neighborhood.

here's an example of it from a guy who studies tags like's HELL's.

completely tangential, yes.

and you rock.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.