Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

8.11.05

bemz

themes_1_big

bemz is a company for people like me who are still trying to nurse that last ikea sofa until we can afford to buy a nice one. based in stockholm, bemz sells removable, washable slipcovers to fit the most popular models of ikea sofas and chairs. so for those of us who regret buying a white klippan sofa after college and would love to cover those spaghetti stains and wine marks with something slightly more stylish, this is great. (of course, if you know how to sew, you could make your own, but for those of us that are thread-impaired, this is a fun alternative). now, the covers (for my model at least) are around $100 and come in 34 patterns and solids. you have to factor in shipping, so it's not super cheap, but, considering a new sofa costs upwards of $500 at least, it might not be a bad idea if you're hooked on your swedish seat.

themes_3_big

bemz has 5 collections to choose from, of which my favorite is the "modern romantic" because you can get a great colorful flock style that would look great on my plain old white couch. so, if you're in the market for covering up your ikea sofa or chair, check out bemz and see if they have something that can add a few years to your ikea piece. [thanks, my!]

themes_4_big

themes_6_big

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That's fantastic!!! I really need a new cover for my IKEA sofa and some of the patterns are pretty fun!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great find! I too bought a Klippan white sofa when I moved into my own place and I still like how sturdy it is but it could do with a makeover and $100 is nothing, really.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Frau Haselmayer said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing that link! This is absolutely the best idea ever!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! I read about the company in an interior magazine in Finland, but couldn't find the article afterwards, so went to search the web - and found what I was looking for! A baby is coming up and our old Tomelilla white sofa will be transformed into something less vulneralble in due time before small messy fingers leave marks all over it :-)
-Inkku from Finland

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. As usual you have all the answers. I was ready to move out of my flat due to the hideous Klippan the landlord left us with; I'm just going to add a new lease of life to it with an affordable cover until I can chuck it out for good!

Keep up the good work.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.