Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

2.5.06

chicago's finest: sprout home

DSC02393

our trip to chicago was amazing. despite some cruddy weather we were so excited to experience a whole new city full of wonderful people and wonderful design. for me, chicago was about finally getting to see sprout home. i've always admired shop owners, ever since i was little i remember thinking it would be the coolest thing to own my own store. it's not an easy thing to pull off a successful store, but sprout home's tara heibel (and her fabulous staff and dog, grifter) have done that in spades. tara met us for breakfast on friday and gave us a lift over to sprout in bucktown. for me it felt like going home, but to a home that was way cooler than anything i could ever create. not only was the store beautiful (tara designed it herself) but the products were well edited and the plants (the store is also a nursery) were gorgeous and gave the store a homey, fresh feeling. tara believes and supporting independent designers and beautiful design and her store has become a beacon of great design because of it. so click here for the full photo tour of sprout home. thanks so much to tara and her crew for letting ac and i hang out at the shop (and for renewing my love of succulents)!

DSC02379

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the stuff they sell there. I live in chicago and I've never been there, I've gotta make a special trip someday to see it. You're pictures just make me wanna go more!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is awesome just to see something close to home. I now am going to have to drive up there some weekend!

Especially for those little Jade plants!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my heart is hurting. i grew up in the area with a dog just like the one pictured. parents have moved, dog has died -- i miss my home! thanks for posting about this store. if i get back, i'll definitely drop in.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my favorite home store in chicago! the first time i set foot in sprout home i wanted to live in a space exactly like it. they have amazing plants for good prices too! one note though - they aren't in bucktown - the neighborhood is actually the ukranian village.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Chicago and yeah for Tara! It was so nice meeting her and your fine self at the meet-up! I hope you come back soon. I enjoyed chatting with the whole crew that came out!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.