Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

20.10.06

paper stories

sometimes close up

i was up to my ears in letterpress cards for the guide when i got an email from kelly at paper stories. she sent me her hysterical line of "bittersweet" letterpress goods that i couldn't resist posting. it's always nice to be reminded that something as refined (and often associated with wedding invitations) as letterpress isn't always sweet or stuffy. kelly's line of humorous cards includes phrases like: "suck it", "thanks for nothing" and "sometimes i just hate you". a little harsh for some i'm sure, but for those of us who like a little edge sometimes it's fun to see letterpress with a sense of humor. "suck it" is my personal favorite. you can click here to pick up kelly's work and check out her other designs...[thanks, kelly!]

get_jpg_detail_image.php

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These remind me of these weird, adorable cards I used to see at a store called Paper Moon in Dallas in the late 90's. They would have this weird animal creature on the front, and inside it would say things like, Just because you gave birth to me that doesn't mean I have to answer your calls. Or, You know what you did. The flowers are in the trash...next to your clothes. They were more clever and devestating than that, though. I wish I had bought them because I haven't seen them in a few years.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also enjoy these types of memorable notecards. I love the out of the ordinary and if you are interested you can see more, here: http://www.ella-studio.com

I was turned on to this site by the letterpress studio who helped produce the cards.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They should be called "This is really Marriage" instead of "Bittersweet"... !!! HA HA HA

8:09 AM  
Blogger marbargarbo said...

I know you don't post these until you read them so don't post this, just correct it. Humorous is spelled with an o, not an "e".
MP

7:45 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

corrected ;)

d*s

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.