Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

19.2.07

mini trend: kelly green

i was inspired by a post at modern-roost the other day and decided to flesh out one of my favorite mini trends going around right now: kelly green. the kelly wearstler post, anthropologie furniture and pieces from our h&g color issue really got me thinking about this bold green hue. it's often paired with navy blue and written off as a preppy choice (think whale prints and izods) but designers are starting to bring kelly green back in a way that's thoroughly modern. i love it for summer because something about it is so crisp and clean. and, unlike some other bold colors, the preppy edge keeps things looking classy and rarely garish. what follows below (and above) are some of my favorite examples of kelly green in the market right now. some aren't precisely kelly green but have that same bold green color that i felt was in line with the trend. hope you enjoy! [photo above, clockwise from left to right: ivana helsinki fabric, modernica chair in grass green $239, judy ross pillow $190, nouveau knob $8, ditte sofa $3498]

[photo above, clockwise from left to right: kelly wearstler "imperial trellis" fabric, hybrid home print $40, kate spade "larabee road" dishware $80]

[photo above, clockwise from left to right: pia wallen felt baby slippers $38, unison bedding $33-$300, judy ross runner $875, suzani pillow $29.95]

[photo above from left to right: twinkle living bedding in "cosmic" $155-$190, heather amuny-dey print $40]

[photo above, clockwise from left to right: kelly wearstler's viceroy, domestic wall decal $80, elum greeting cards $12 for set of 6]

[photo above, clockwise from left to right: josef frank chair $2498, offi mypetlamp $59, bicycle basket from design house stockholm, foxy and winston print $33, heather amuny-dey artwork $700]

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, me too love green!
These prints from Designpublic are very good.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Grace! I've been really into kelly green and have been looking for some inspiration!

11:14 AM  
Blogger angie said...

You have the greatest site!

Love all this green, too.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Nice!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how people can keep this stuff and not get tired of obnoxious patterns like these.

6:57 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

well i know i'm tired of obnoxious comments

d*s

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh touche, Grace!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Frank Viva said...

The deeper shades feel very fresh. It's a color I haven't liked for years (or ever). I like it very much now.

8:59 AM  
Blogger LittleDoodles said...

I love that shade of green and that gorgeous bike basket makes me want to own a bike simply to ride around showing off the basket!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, dear Kelly. This green seems to get me over the blues.

Especially like it used in patterns, and could be really lovely with a nice gray (maybe charcoal?) and just a little lemon yellow. That would certainly does say SPRING. Though the crispness of black and white sure is nice...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked kelly green. I've tried (with no luck) to find it in a leopard print on a cotton twill fabric ~ the spots in kelly green on a white ground. Duralee has a nice black and white leopard print, E25264, wish they made this one in green!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that Hybrid Home print and I was suprised to notice one night that the robot glows in the dark! BTW I'm using the KWID Imperial Trellis fabric on some pillows for my client - on a big 'ol kelly green felt sofa. We think alike ;-)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kelley Grace said...

My Name is Kelley, I love the color, this gave me goosebumps...FANTASTIC!!

4:34 AM  
Blogger kate logan said...

i'm in love with all this green! i decided last year to do my wedding in black & white with punches of kelly green (the wedding is this may)....and we're doing my bachelorette at the viceroy. it's all so delicious!!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where might one get a sofa like the viceroy's -green or otherwise? anyone know?

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.