Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz
 

6.11.06

what's a brewin'

bodum usa

just wanted to give a little update on projects launching at d*s this winter. the shop has had me swamped like a crazy woman so i'm trying to catch up and launch the int'l design project asap (look for it in early december). i'm finalizing the letterpress guide (due to launch in mid november) and i'm gearing up for the holiday guide (arranged by price like last year) with a little help from our beloved mav (who'll tackle affordable art). we'll launch that guide around thanksgiving so you'll have plenty of time to order. and of course, we'll have a fresh crop of d*s shop goods on december 1.

but the most exciting of all is a brand new project that will be announced early in the new year. i have a few more goals to accomplish with this site before it comes to a close one day and one of them is to really bring student and emerging designers to the forefront. so stay tuned for quite possibly my favorite project on d*s ever. it's all about giving back and planning for the future.

last but not least, an update for the international design project: i'm buried in amazing entries but as it comes together it looks like we've still got holes to fill. if you want to join up and live in one of these areas just shoot me an email: india, russia, japan, china, england, france, spain, scandinavia and the middle east. so far the entries from south africa have been blowing my mind. i've definitely added capetown to my list of must-visit design cities. thanks to everyone who's entered so far!

[coffee pot above by bodum usa]

9 Comments:

Blogger Clothes-Pin said...

This site is going to close one day...what's that about? Don;t break my heart just yet...

3:02 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

karen

no set date yet but i'm pretty sure i'll try to move on to a new project in the next year or so. d*s has been such a fun way to spend the last two years but i think i'll probably want to test new waters in the near future. :)

d*s

3:05 PM  
Blogger Another Shade of Grey said...

You really shouldn't say things like that. How are those of us who live in the boonies going to get our daily hit of modern design? For many of us, you are one of the few portals we have into the current design world. You are a "design portal". Ahhhhhhh.....

Will your new waters be some sort of design communicado?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Clothes-Pin said...

All good things come to an end (like the apple pie I had last night...sigh) but I know I'm not the only misty eyed(albeit excited)person reading.As for new waters...I'll bring my bathing suit:-)

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the holiday guide. That was SO helpful last year - I can't thank you enough!

3:24 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

thanks karen ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

i promise you won't be left hanging. ;)

not sure what my next project will be but i'm hoping it's still in design. i'm a naturally antsy person so i'd love to try something new and find a new way to bring emerging design to people. and of course i still want that way to be free and available to everyone. we'll see what happens. i think i'm just ready to pour my heart into something new and fresh :)

xo
d*s

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my good on paper notepads came today in the mail (that i ordered within minutes of you announcing them:) and they are so lovely I can't stop admiring them on my desk at work!

I kept a blog for my family back home when I moved to New York and it was so much fun at first and then I was just so sick of the pressure to update after a while. So I can understand why you'd feel the need to move on someday, lord knows I have with mine (um, though mine is nothing I'd share with non nerdy family members) You've done such a wonderful job that no matter when you stop you'll have left one damn fine dent in the online design community.

3:37 PM  
Blogger design*sponge said...

thanks guys. i have a few more goals for d*s so i'm really excited to work on them before i leave. hopefully they new projects will continue to be helpful even after i'm gone :)

d*s

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.